Our mission is to help your branches.
AAUW California facilitates California branches in meeting the vision and mission of AAUW by providing programs, education, and resources.
The National AAUW office and its activities might seem like a long way off from the day-to-day efforts of your unique branch in your unique community. Your state organization, AAUW California, serves as a link between your branch and the bigger picture of AAUW. Your state Board of Directors and various committees are dedicated to helping you bring the AAUW mission to life. Your branch’s dues support the following programs and services:
PROGRAMS THAT ADVANCE AAUW’S MISSION
- Annual AAUW Funds luncheons introducing fellowship and grant recipients to branches
- Support for branch Fund campaigns and branches trying to complete endowments
- Facilitating support for branches trying to complete endowments
- Liability insurance for branches and branch leaders at a discounted rate
- Recognition and support for mission-based programming and coalition building
- Assistance in membership recruitment and retention strategies
- Branch locator on the state website for prospective members
- Support and guidance with effective branch governance models
- Branch assistance providing direct branch support
- Branch event publicity on the state website
- Assistance in developing and maintaining college/university partnerships
- Special Projects Fund, allowing tax deductible donations to state programs (e.g. Tech Trek) and qualified branch scholarship funds
- Grants for novel mission-based program ideas
- Ready access to experienced and dedicated state volunteers for assistance with branch matters
- Database of all California branches, officers and key leadership roles for networking and targeted communications
- California Perspective newsletter to all members (3 issues/year)
- Monthly emails to branch and state leaders with upcoming events and links to resources (Board to Board)
- State website with directories, resources, shared success stories, blog
- Social media support and networking
- Online voting in statewide elections
- Online registration for conventions and Fund luncheons
- State Directory and Administrative Packet
- Telephone and email access to a state office manager, with an office located in Sacramento
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
- Personal and professional development opportunities serving on state board or committees
- Coordination of branch leadership training
- Biennial convention – training and networking opportunities
- A strong collective voice as we advocate for pay equity, reproductive choice, civil rights, and educational opportunities across the state, leveling the playing field so that all have an equal chance in education, in the workplace, and in life.
- Professional lobbyist in Sacramento
- State Action Alerts
- Timely status reports on pending legislation
Click HERE to see this information in a document you can print and share.
Click HERE to download a one-page summary document.