With tens of thousands of active members, AAUW and its state arm, AAUW California, are dynamic organizations with a long history of affecting change on issues our communities care about:
Economic security for all women | Equal access to quality public education
Social and racial justice | Increased representation of women in leadership
AAUW’s Mission: To advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
AAUW’s Value Promise
By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance.
Why should I join AAUW?
- Meet dynamic, like-minded people from all walks of life.
- Learn exciting things.
- Keep your mind active; practice your skills.
- Help women and girls.
- Make a difference in your community.
- Make your voice heard on important legislation.
- Receive corporate discounts.
Requirements: Membership is open to people who hold an associate degree (AA,AS) or higher and also to students working toward a degree.
Find a local branch.
It’s easy. You can either:
- Find a local branch by entering your address or zip code in the box above the map to find one nearest to you.
- Join one of our online branches:
When you click on a branch a new window will open. Return to this window to join.
Enter your address or zip code below and click search icon.
Step A: Gather your information.
- Your educational record
- List of branch(es) you want to join
- Branch ID Number(s) (begins with CA).
- Your credit or debit card
Step B: Click the button to create an account on AAUW.org.
- Choose Don’t have an account? at the bottom of the screen to start the process as shown in the image on the left.
- During this step you’ll be able to enter your educational record, pick a state and branch(es), enter a coupon code if you have been provided one to use, and pay your dues.
Congratulations! You’re a member!
Your branch(es) will receive notification that you have joined and contact you.