Applications due March 15, 2023.
Show Off Your Branch Activity and Earn an Award
Has your branch created a unique and inspiring mission-based activity in the last year? Did it dazzle your members and your community? If so, we want to hear from you.
The Branch Activity of the Year Award is a chance to put forward a signature activity that your branch presented during the period of one year ending on March 1st. This is your branch’s chance to showcase and share an activity that is:
- Novel – did you do something really unique, such as a play?
- Inspirational – did people leave your event inspired to take action on something, such as visiting their legislators or launching a new branch project?
- Reproducible – can another branch realistically do a similar event? Would they need a panel of nuclear scientists?
- Reflective of AAUW’s mission and image – did the event promote one of AAUW’s initiatives, which range from such things as gender pay gap to DEI to leadership and career development, or other?
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) – did the event contain at least one element related to DEI?
The activity may be a one-off program or event or a sustained recurring project for which your branch is known. Last year’s winners included a campaign to collect shoes for the homeless and a year-long series on racism.
See descriptions of the previous submissions HERE.
How to apply:
We’ve streamlined the application process so that it’s easy to share your innovation and inspire other branches to follow in your footsteps.
Apply by: March 15, 2023. You can submit an application as soon as the activity has concluded.
Winners contacted: April 2, 2023 Winners will be expected to provide a 5-10 minute presentation at the Annual Meeting on April 22, 2023. Assistance with your presentation will be available.