In this unprecedented time of the COVID-19 virus, we must look for creative ways to stay connected with family, friends, and fellow AAUW members.
Challenging times often trigger innovation and AAUW members love a good challenge. So, even though the convention was sadly cancelled, we have a creative solution to still hold our important and inspiring Annual Meeting. We will be able to celebrate our successes with you…but we’ll do it VIRTUALLY! We are creating an online event to share some of the important activities that would have occurred at the Annual Meeting. You can still be there without leaving your own home!
It’s easy to participate. You can join by phone (audio only) or by computer. The meeting materials will be posted on the AAUW California website HERE prior to the meeting so that you can follow along if you are unable to join by computer.
Meeting Date: Saturday, April 18th
Time: 1-3 pm
How to Join: Registration is required
- Dial 301-715-8592
- When prompted, enter the meeting ID: 721-712-780
For more information about joining a Zoom meeting click HERE.
(subject to change)
Hats off to our leaders
- Introductions of past presidents and state board directors
- Thank you and acknowledgment of the Convention Committee
- Branch anniversaries and Five Star branches
- Branch recognition awards
Business as usual
Annual Business Meeting
- Minutes of Annual Meeting 2019
- Committee reports
- Proposed motion to amend the Articles of Incorporation
- Project grants
- State Named Gift Honoree and branch fund awards
- Speech Trek award announcement
Looking to the future
- Introduction of new board members
We don’t want to wait until this Annual Meeting to share the good news that the Westin hotel refunded all of the money that we had on deposit when we were forced to cancel the convention. The board will discuss options regarding the convention at the upcoming April board meeting.
We are excited about finding this new way for our members, branch leaders and the state board to stay in touch. We look forward to your participation, even though virtual!
Board of Directors