Available on the AAUW National website, Leadership Essentials contains a wealth of useful information on all things AAUW and, in particular, tips for membership recruitment and retention. It is a resource that should be required reading for all branch leaders.
- Learn more about National’s discounted Shape the Future membership campaign and obtain the necessary forms at
Comment on your successes or ask questions about the Shape the Future campaign by emailing AAUW CA Membership: Email AAUW California Membership Team.
Secrets to Recruitment, Retention, and Diversity Just a Click Away
For those of you unable to attend our National Convention in Washington D.C. in 2017 take some time to review the material that was presented in the following workshops. The topics cover membership recruitment, retention, marketing your branch and the importance of diversity.
This list is just the tip of the iceberg. For even more great ideas, plan on attending the 2018 AAUW California Convention in Irvine.
Click here for AAUW 2017 National Convention Resources
- AAUW Campus 101: How to Bring AAUW to Your Local College or University
- Branch Program Success Stories
- Financial Best Practices for AAUW State and Branch Leadership
- Global Progress and Equality for Women: Get Educated and Take Action!
- Help Schools Enforce Title IX in Your Community
- The Impact of Your Dollar
- Learn about the Latest AAUW Research: Women and Student Debt
- What Stories Are under Your Bed? How to Preserve Your Local AAUW Historical Collections
- The AAUW Recruitment Cook-Off: What are the Ingredients to Success?
- Capturing Attention through Storytelling
- Community Engagement: Meet your Neighbors
- Creating Engaging, Inspiring Programs with AAUW Fellows and Grantees
- Digital Communications and Social Media
- Go from “Blah” to Brand Bling!
- Grow through Mission-Based Programs? Yes We Can!
- Making the Asks
- Navigating Difficult Workplace Conversations
- AAUW Salary Negotiation Program Meetup
- Exposing Your Hidden Superpowers: Engagement and Retention
- Media Training 101: How to Cut through the Static
- The Tools you Need to Build your Branch’s Online Brand