AAUW California will provide financial assistance to branches, other affiliated entities or individual members that propose a potential new state project. Existing state projects are Tech Trek and Speech Trek.
All branches, other affiliated entities, and AAUW members are eligible to apply.
How Grants are Chosen:
The Oversight Committee will evaluate and score applications according to responses provided on the grant application. Grants to be funded are subject to approval by the AAUW California Board of Directors.
Amount and Terms of Award:
State Project Grants will be awarded in amounts up to $500, based on available funding. There will be a maximum of two $500 grants per fiscal year. All grant funds awarded must be used within 12 months, with the possibility of a second year of funding.
Criteria for Selection:
- Preference will be given to applications that clearly demonstrate how the grant will directly enhance the mission of AAUW.
- Incomplete applications may not be considered.
- Late applications will not be considered but may be held until the next cycle.
- Grants will be awarded in April for the following fiscal year.
- Applications must be received at the AAUW California office by March 1st, 2021
AAUW California will create an account for each grantee. All expenditures must be made in accordance with AAUW California guidelines and must be made in support of the original approved project.
Each grantee is required to provide a summary report to the Oversight Committee within 45 days of completion of the grant-funded project. Reports should include a description of how the grant enhanced the AAUW mission. A representative may be assigned to conduct a follow up interview. Grantees may be asked to present their work to the AAUW California Board of Directors.
For additional information, contact Oversight Committee by email at [email protected]