Sharyn Siebert, State Director Candidate (Two-year term 2020-2022)
Describe any previous Branch positions and years you served.
Monterey Peninsula, Inc. Branch
- 2018-19 Co chair public policy
- 2010-18 chair Inter Branch Council (IBC)
- 2014-16 Co-president
- 2012-14 Co-VP membership
- 2010-12 EF funds
- 2008-10 President
- 2006-08 Membership VP
- 2005-06 Co-secretary
- 2004-05 VP
Describe any AAUW California positions and years you served.
- 2018-20 AAUW CA Director
- 2018-19 Leadership Development
- 2019-20 Branch Support
- 2010-18 IBC liaison to branch support committee
Talk about any AAUW California conventions you attended in the last five years.
2018 AAUW CA annual meeting 2017 Leadership training meeting 2015 Presenter at regional leadership meeting 2014-16 State annual meetings 2013 & 2016 – State meeting &/or convention
Talk about any pertinent community activities or connections and their corresponding dates.
- Nov. 2018-represented AAUW at Lyceum of Monterey STEM workshop day for 300 middle school girls/helped secure women scientist presenters and a college counselor to detail to parents how to help their child choose a college and find funding
- Oct. 2017-Keynote Speaker at CA Community College Student Leaders and Advisors annual meeting speaking about Women in Leadership and AAUW
- Oct. 2017-following the address presented a 75 minute workshop on AAUW-how have campuses become u/c partners and how to form student chapters, including the benefits of the AAUW partnership
- 2007-present-volunteer with the senior center in town helping members with Social Security and Medicare issues
- 2014-15-wrote & edited grants to help branch secure Tech Trek funding then helped other branches with this same information
- 2013-14 Carmel by the Sea Historic Resources Board
Talk about any AAUW National conventions you have attended.
Describe any AAUW National positions and years you served.
Describe your employment/professional experience, including current employment.
1988-present Licensed Real Estate agent
1975-82 Travel Agent
1973-75 Executive Recruiter in the medical field
1968-72 & 1975-76 -Claims authorizer for Social Security Admin.
Are you available to visit branches statewide?
Describe any other special skills or experience.
Recruitment and public speaking
Give your reasons for running for this office.
I believe we on the AAUW CA board provide value added to our branches, as well as linking our state to AAUW National. And given the fact that women still suffer from inequality in pay and other areas, I believe AAUW and our mission is still quite relevant. As an AAUW CA board member I continue to promote our mission in my outreach to branches and their members.
75-word Goal Statement
I am running for re-election to continue the work I have done over the last 2 years. Many of you know me from my efforts in Leadership Development & Branch Support. And I believe you know me as an unabashed AAUW cheerleader. I hope to continue to strengthen AAUW CA, and be responsive to all branch and member needs as a continuing member of the AAUW CA board.