Does your branch have an outstanding mission-based program that’s had a positive impact on your community and branch?
Through the Program of the Quarter, AAUW California will honor one or more programs in September, December, and March – and recognize these programs at the state convention in April. Mission based programs are designed to educate and inspire members and the community to implement the AAUW mission of advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
If you have a program that underscores what makes AAUW unique, inspire other branches by sharing your program details with AAUW California. To ensure your outstanding program will be considered for Program of the Quarter, send your branch newsletter to [email protected]
Who is Eligible to participate?
How can I get my branch program noticed?
Highlight your program in your branch newsletter and submit your newsletter to [email protected] Members of the AAUW California Program Committee review all submitted newsletters each month to identify candidates
Here are some things to consider while you are planning your programs for the year.
- Does the program support the AAUW mission, i.e. equity for women and girls?
- Does the program inform the public about what makes AAUW unique?
- Have you considered national and global social issues and AAUW’s position regarding them before setting your program?
- Are you using issues in your community to focus attention on AAUW’s position on a topic?
- Does the program welcome and educate the surrounding community members and other organizations?
- In planning the program, have you considered the target audience other than your members?
- Will the program successfully attract new members?
- Have you tried to make a connection with local colleges and universities?
- Does the program build connections with diverse audiences?