The AAUW California Leader on Loan Program is designed to bring state AAUW leaders to branch and IBC meetings, events and programs.
The state leadership team members have a broad spectrum of expertise and can assist branches and IBCs that are working to strengthen their internal organization and AAUW’s presence in their communities.
AAUW California Leader on Loan speakers can provide education for branch/IBC leadership and suggest proven ways to overcome common challenges such as growing and retaining membership, developing branch leaders, implementing AAUW-relevant programs and better understanding the breadth and scope of AAUW’s mission.
Available topics include
Leadership Development and Training
- Strategic planning
- Membership growth, engagement, and retention
- Meeting management
- Managing change or conflict
- Communication and technology
- Consultation (need some help with other leadership challenges?)
- Latest AAUW research
- AAUW Funds
- Fellow/Grant Recipient (a minimum honorarium of $50 should be offered to the speaker)
- History and Mission of AAUW
- Motivational Speaker
- AAUW Lobbyist (Note: limited engagements per year)
The Branch/IBC is responsible for:
- Transportation ($0.50/mile) or public transportation fare.
- Overnight accommodation, if necessary.
- Speaker’s meal, if applicable.
- Program evaluations
- Read the AAUW Calfironia Leader on Loan Program Summary and Guidelines
- Complete an application here
- Download a Branch/IBC ToDo-List
- Download an Audience Evaluation
- Hold the event and distribute audience evaluation forms
- Complete a Program Evaluation (event coordinator)
- Complete a Speaker Evaluation evaluation (speaker)
For more information, please contact AAUW California Leader on Loan Coordinator at email@example.com.