NOW IS THE TIME TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP:
JOIN THE AAUW CALIFORNIA LEADERSHIP TEAM!
Deadline to submit: July 15, 2020
Have you ever wondered how to get involved and make a difference in your state-wide organization, AAUW California? Now is the time to take an active role in setting its direction for the year ahead! Apply to be a part of the AAUW California Leadership Team for 2020-2022, As a leadership team member, you will tackle new challenges, make new friends, experience personal growth, and have the satisfaction of making a difference through AAUW action statewide.
Find a fit for your energy, enthusiasm and expertise by joining any of these committees:
- Communications: Enjoy wrangling commas and colons? Have a knack for tracking information? Help creatively craft the state’s messages to branches and members through all media channels.
- Nominations and Elections: Who you gonna call? Assure the continuity of state leadership by helping seek qualified and dedicated candidates for the Board of Directors.
- Finance: Have a head for numbers? Help spend members’ dues wisely and keep all of AAUW California’s finances in order.
- Marketing: Enjoy solving a puzzle? Help create and implement an overall marketing plan to increase the visibility of AAUW in California
- Public Policy: Love politics? Help branches stay on top of AAUW’s positions on hot topics and legislative issues.
- Project Oversight Committee: Do you make a list and check it twice? Be on the team that monitors the operation and accountability of existing state projects and helps launch new ones.
- Fund: Ready to go beyond the bake sale? Provide support for branch fundraising activities and promote giving to the AAUW Fund to advance the mission.
For details on the specific responsibilities, tasks and varying time commitments for each committee, go to State Committees.
All appointments begin July 1, 2020 and end on June 30, 2022.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE ON THE TEAM?
You’ll need some AAUW knowledge and experience, enthusiasm, ability to work with a team, communication skills, flexibility, objectivity, and a sense of humor!
HOW CAN YOU JOIN THE TEAM?
Complete the application so we’ll know more about you and your interests. Please list your selections in order of preference (or state No Preference) and indicate if you would like to be considered as committee chair (see State Policies and Procedures for the various responsibilities of each committee’s chair).
Deadline to submit: August 15, 2019
Appointments will be made by June 6, 2019 and notification will be sent the following week.
To learn more about the rewards and responsibilities of joining the state leadership, contact AAUW California President, Dianne Owens ([email protected]) or talk to any current Board, task force or committee member listed in the AAUW California Directory (password required).