April 16 – May 7, 2021 (Three weeks)
In 2021 members are invited to vote to:
- Elect members to the Board of Directors
- Approve Public Policy Priorities
We provide every member the opportunity to vote electronically or by mail.*
When the election period starts:
- Each member with a valid email address on file will receive an email message containing a personal invitation to vote that includes a link to the ballot.
- Members who do not have a working email address will be mailed a paper ballot.
- If you prefer a paper ballot, request one by contacting the AAUW California office at (916) 692-5125
* The member roster will be requested from AAUW National in early March, so every branch has time to make sure that all email and mailing addresses are correct.
|Board of Directors||Public Policy Priorities|
|Our bylaws limit the AAUW California Board of Directors to twelve members, including President, President-Elect, Secretary, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Directors.|
In 2021 we vote to elect three positions:
* President-Elect (one-year term 2021-2022)
* Chief Financial Officer (two-year term 2021-2023)
* One Director (two-year term 2021-2023)
|Public Policy Priorities guide all AAUW CA actions that relate to public policy issues, including action on legislation. |
Our Priorities are reviewed and revised every two years.
In 2021 we vote to approve the proposed Public Policy Priorities for 2021-2023.
Deadline for Nominations
March 15, 2021
Candidate information posted on the website:
Starting January 15, 2021 (in order of receipt of completed nomination form)
Provide feedback on current priorities
October 8 – 22, 2020
Click HERE to provide feedback.
Required Steps for Nominees
Submit a nomination for someone else, or to declare your own candidacy by completing the nomination form. The instructions and next steps will be given as you progress.
Please note that you will be asked several essay questions. You will have plenty of space to type your answers. You can also paste your answers into the form from another application. Your responses will be posted on the AAUW California website in the order received starting January 15, 2021.
Optional Steps for Nominees
- The candidate may complete an optional two-minute video which will be linked to the candidate page on our website. Send the YouTube link to [email protected]
- Candidates’ campaign Facebook pages can also be linked to the candidate page. You will need to set up a separate campaign Facebook page; we cannot link to your personal page. Send the link to [email protected]
- Click HERE for AAUW California committee responsibilities.
- Click HERE to review AAUW California Policies and Procedures. Section 500 contains information specific to the Nomination and Election process.
- Click HERE to review AAUW California Board of Directors’ Roles and Responsibilities.
Please note that you may be required to enter a password. Contact AAUW California office if you need this information
Send any questions to [email protected]