Our bylaws limit the AAUW California Board of Directors to twelve members, including President, President-Elect, Secretary, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Directors. In 2020 we are voting to elect eight positions:
- 7 Directors (two-year term 2020-2022)
- 1 Secretary (two-year term 2020-2022)
There will be a 3-week voting period from April 17 – May 8, 2020.
We provide every member the opportunity to vote electronically. The roster will be requested from AAUW in early March, so every branch has time to make sure that all email and mailing addresses are correct.
When the election period starts, each member with a valid email address on file will receive an email message containing a personal invitation to vote. There will be a link to the ballot. Members who do not have a working email address will be mailed a postcard with information about how to vote online.
See the current candidate information:
Required Steps for Nominees
- Submit a nomination for someone else, or to declare your own candidacy by completing the nomination form located HERE. The instructions and next steps will be given as you progress.
- Please note that you will be asked several essay questions. You will have plenty of space to type your answers. You can also paste your answers into the form from another application. Your responses will be posted online in your candidate bio. Your 75 word goal statement will also be included in the order received in the Winter California Perspective if received by the deadline of December 1, 2019.
Optional Steps for Nominees
- An optional two-minute video, prepared by the candidate and uploaded on YouTube may be linked to the candidate page on our website. Send YouTube “embed code” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates’ campaign Facebook pages can also be linked to the candidate page. You will need to set up a separate campaign Facebook page; we cannot link to your personal page. Send the link to email@example.com
- Deadline for Nominations – December 1, 2019
- There will be a 3 week voting period from April 17 – May 8, 2020.
Please note that you may be required to enter a password. Contact AAUW California office if you need this information.
- Click HERE for AAUW California committee responsibilities.
- Click HERE to review AAUW California Policies and Procedures. Section 500 contains information specific to the Nomination and Election process.
- Click HERE to review AAUW California Board of Directors’ Roles and Responsibilities.