April 23-May 14, 2022 (Three weeks)
In 2022 members are invited to vote to elect members to the Board of Directors.
Our bylaws limit the AAUW California Board of Directors to eleven members, including President, President-Elect, Secretary, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Directors.
In 2022 we vote to elect eight positions:
- Secretary (two-year term 2022-2024)
- Three Directors (one-year term 2022-2023)
- Four Directors (two-year term 2022-2024)
When the election period starts:
- We provide every member the opportunity to vote electronically or by mail.
- The member roster will be requested from AAUW National in early March, so every branch has time to make sure that all email and mailing addresses are correct.
- Each member with a valid email address on file will receive an email message containing a personal invitation to vote that includes a link to the ballot.
- Members who do not have a working email address will be mailed a paper ballot.
- If you prefer a paper ballot, request one by contacting the AAUW California office at (916) 389-0220
If you do not receive an email with your link to vote:
- Check your spam folder to see if it’s there. The mail will be from [email protected]
- Search in your email for the subject: 2022 AAUW California Election Ballot
- If you still are unable to find the email, send an email to [email protected] for assistance.
March 1, 2022: Deadline for nominations
January 15, 2022: Candidate information posted on the website in order of receipt of completed nomination form
Required Steps for Nominees
Submit a nomination for someone else by contacting [email protected].
or declare your own candidacy by completing the nomination form. The instructions and next steps will be given as you progress.
Please note that you will be asked several essay questions. You will have plenty of space to type your answers. You can also paste your answers into the form from another application. Your responses will be posted on the AAUW California website in the order received starting January 15, 2022.
Optional Steps for Nominees
- The candidate may complete an optional two-minute video which will be linked to the candidate page on our website. Send the YouTube link to [email protected]
- Candidates’ campaign Facebook pages can also be linked to the candidate page. You will need to set up a separate campaign Facebook page; we cannot link to your personal page. Send the link to [email protected]
- Click HERE for AAUW California committee responsibilities.
- Click HERE to review AAUW California Policies and Procedures. Section 500 contains information specific to the Nomination and Election process.
- Click HERE to review AAUW California Board of Directors’ Roles and Responsibilities.
Please note that you may be required to enter a password. Contact AAUW California office if you need this information
Send any questions to [email protected]