Plan to attend Committee Day on July 20, 2019
Westin San Francisco Airport, 1 Old Bayshore Hwy Millbrae, CA 94030
Breakfast begins at 9 am. The meeting will be held from 10 am to 3 pm.
NOW IS THE TIME TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP:
JOIN THE AAUW CALIFORNIA LEADERSHIP TEAM!
Deadline to submit:
May 15, 2019 extended!
Have you ever wondered how to get involved and make a difference in your state-wide organization, AAUW California? Now is the time to take an active role in setting its direction for the year ahead! Apply to be a part of the AAUW California Leadership Team for 2019-2020, as a committee chair, committee member or appointed position. As a leadership team member, you will tackle new challenges, make new friends, experience personal growth, and have the satisfaction of making a difference through AAUW action statewide.
Find a fit for your energy, enthusiasm and expertise by joining any of these committees:
- Membership: Do you tell people in the Safeway line about AAUW? Help branches attract and retain an enthusiastic and diverse membership.
- Branch Support: Have a knack for explaining things? Be a front line liaison and work one-on-one with branches to strengthen their operation.
- Communications: Enjoy wrangling commas and colons? Help creatively craft the state’s messages to branches and members through all media channels.
- Program: Do you want to get people talking? Foster the understanding and growth of mission-based programs in the branches.
- Nominations and Elections: Who you gonna call? Assure the continuity of state leadership by helping seek qualified and dedicated candidates for the Board of Directors.
- Finance: Have a head for numbers? Help spend members’ dues wisely and keep all of AAUW California’s finances in order.
- Public Policy: Love politics? Help branches stay on top of AAUW’s positions on hot topics and legislative issues.
- Project Oversight Committee: Do you make a list and check it twice? Be on the team that monitors the operation and accountability of existing state projects and helps launch new ones.
- Leadership Development: Been to a lot of training workshops in your career? Apply what you learned to help educate and inspire current and future leaders of AAUW on how to effectively do their jobs.
- Fund: Ready to go beyond the bake sale? Provide support for branch fundraising activities and promote giving to the AAUW Fund to advance the mission.
- Governance: Are you a lover of rules? Help educate the branches and state on how to conduct business properly in accordance with appropriate regulations.
For details on the specific responsibilities, tasks and varying time commitments for each committee, go to State Committees.
All appointments begin July 1, 2019 and end on June 30, 2020. Committee members and chairs are requested to join the Board of Directors for the annual Leadership Meeting on July 20, 2019, in Norther California, for which you will be reimbursed per the policies in the committee descriptions.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE ON THE TEAM?
You’ll need some AAUW knowledge and experience, enthusiasm, ability to work with a team, communication skills, flexibility, objectivity, and a sense of humor!
HOW CAN YOU JOIN THE TEAM?
Complete the application so we’ll know more about you and your interests. Please list your selections in order of preference (or state No Preference) and indicate if you would like to be considered as committee chair (see State Policies and Procedures for the various responsibilities of each committee’s chair).
Deadline to submit: May 15, 2019
Appointments will be made by June 6, 2019 and notification will be sent the following week.
To learn more about the rewards and responsibilities of joining the state leadership, contact AAUW California Co-Presidents, Cathy Foxhoven (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jane Niemeier (email@example.com) or talk to any current Board, task force or committee member listed in the AAUW California Directory (password required).