Our bylaws limit the AAUW California Board of Directors to twelve members, including President, President-Elect, Secretary, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Directors (at large). In 2019 we are voting to elect four positions:
- President-Elect (one-year term 2019–2020)
- Chief Financial Officer (two-year term 2019-2021)
- 2 Directors (two-year term 2019-2021)
There will be a 3 week voting period from April 22nd – May 13th, 2019.
We provide every member the opportunity to vote electronically, with phone voting for those who cannot vote online. The roster will be requested from AAUW in early March, so every branch has time to make sure that all email and mailing addresses are correct.
When the election period starts, each member will receive an email message containing a personal invitation to vote. There will be a link to click that will take you to the ballot. No password or code needs to be entered. Voting can be done on tablets or smartphones as well as computers. Members who do not have a working email address will be mailed a postcard with information about how to vote online or by phone.
See the current candidate information:
Required Steps for Nominees
- Click HERE to submit a nomination for someone else, or to declare your own candidacy. The instructions and next steps will be given as you progress.
- Please note that you will be asked several essay questions. You will have plenty of space to type your answers. You can also paste your answers into the form from another application.
Optional Steps for Nominees
- An optional two-minute video, prepared by the candidate and uploaded on YouTube may be linked to the candidate page on our website. Send YouTube “embed code” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates’ campaign Facebook pages can also be linked to the candidate page. You will need to set up a separate campaign Facebook page; we cannot link to your personal page.
- Deadline for Nominations – December 1
- There will be a 3 week voting period from April 22nd – May 13th, 2018.
Please note that you may be required to enter a password. Contact AAUW California office if you need this information.
- Click HERE for AAUW California committee responsibilities.
- Click HERE to review AAUW California Policies and Procedures. Section 500 contains information specific to the Nomination and Election process.
- Click HERE to review AAUW California Board of Directors’ Roles and Responsibilities.
Send any questions to email@example.com