The AAUW California Special Projects Fund (SPF) is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt corporation that supports AAUW California projects and local scholarship programs.
The SPF does not provide funding directly. Instead, it serves as a pass-through fund, enabling projects to collect tax-deductible donations from individuals and corporations, and from grants and endowments, without having to establish themselves as a separate non-profit entity.
Most branches are 501(c)4 organizations and cannot receive tax-deductible donations.
Click HERE to view our page with an explanation of the difference between 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 entities.
Projects accepted by the SPF deposit project funds directly to the SPF, and the SPF distributes funds according to vouchers submitted by the project. The SPF serves as the fiduciary agent for these projects.
Visit the “How to Use the AAUW CA SPF“ page for information about SPF
- what projects are eligible to use the SPF,
- how a project submits an application to use the SPF,
- the criteria used by the SPF to accept client projects,
- SPF deposit and expense voucher forms, and
- annual reporting requirements.
Visit the “SPF Fees” page HERE for information on the amount of the SPF fee, how it is used, and how it compares to the other non-profit organizations.
SPF Board of Directors
The SPF is governed by a nine-member Board of Directors (BOD).
- This BOD is independent of the AAUW CA BOD since the AAUW CA SPF stands as a separate corporation.
- Only AAUW CA members may apply.
SPF Documents and Information
More information about SPF is found in various documents. Click on the following links for files
- SPF Board of Directors application form
- Current board members
- SPF Information Sheet
- Special Projects Fund FAQ
- AAUW CA Annual Meeting SPF Report
- SPF Deposit Form
- SPF Voucher
Questions? Contact Us!
Contact us by e-mail at email@example.com