The annual meeting provided the opportunity to meet the candidates for office, participate in Table Talk, review state committee contributions, and recognize branches for the contribution to mission-based programs. The Speech Trek competition was held following lunch.
The room was buzzing during the Table Talk portion of the annual meeting. Participants identified topics of interest and then organized into small groups to discuss the topics, share insights and collaborate on solutions. Topics included:
- Inspire Young Women’s Task Force (YWTF). They are the future.
- Homeless Students – 1 in 10 students is homeless or housing insecure. 1 in 4 is food insecure. Many students drop out because of this. We need advocacy support at our college/university partnerships and state levels.
- Engaging Members
- High School Woman Advocacy
- Tech Trek Transition
- National Talk
- Is AAUW Relevant?
- LGBTQ Issues
- Degree Requirement
- Math/Science Conference
- Branch Leadership
- Public Policy
- Honoring Our Legacy
- Human Trafficking
- Incenting Members to Leadership
1st Place – Nikhita Gopisetty, AAUW Morgan Hill
2nd Place – Sarah Murphy AAUW RosevilleSouth Placer Branch
3rd Place – Sabrina Sy, Alhambra San Gabriel Branch
- Pat Ferrer, Nancy Mahr and Charmen Goehring will continue in their roles in the new year
- Cathy Foxhoven and Jane Neimeier assume a one-year role as Co-President Elects. They will become Co-State Presidents in 2018
- Dianne Owens joins the board as a Director